Mid-Winter Music Finale by Rev. F.C. Barnes and Rev. Janice Barnes

This is a song I have always associated with my maternal grandmother. It was "her type of song." Enjoy, and be blessed! Lyrics are below.





Verse 1:
Oh lord, I’m strivin’,
tryin to make it through this barren land,
but as I go from day to day,
I can hear my Savior say,
"trust me child,
come on, I'll hold your hand".

Chorus:
I’m comin' up on the rough side of the mountain,
I must hold to God, His powerful hand.
I’m comin' up on the rough side of the mountain,
I’m doing my best to make it in.

Chorus

Verse 2:
I’m comin’ up Lord, although my burdens
sometime may press me down,
but if I can only keep this faith
I’ll have strength just to run this race;
I’m lookin’ for my starry crown.

Chorus

Verse 3:
This old race will be soon be over,
there'll be no more race to run.
But I got to stand before God’s throne,
all my heartaches will be gone,
I’ll hear my Savior say, "welcome home!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...