Eyewitnesses of His Majesty

16 For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”[b] 18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain. --2 Peter 1:16-18, NIV

Can I say, along with the Apostle Peter, "I am an eyewitness of His majesty?"

I appreciate and understand the need to teach the humanity of Jesus, of how He relates to us because has has lived as one of us. He has experienced the human experience, even while He lived above and beyond it. He truly was, is, and will be "God with us."

Still, I must never forget His majesty. He is with us, but He is more than us. I want my life to be living proof of that; I want my life to be a script of His majesty. I want to be able to truthfully and reliably witness than even though I was not with the apostles on that mountain that day, I am still an eyewitness of His majesty.

Have I experienced the miracle of salvation? I am an eyewitness of His majesty.

Have I allowed Him to replace discontent and emptiness in my character with purpose and divine content? I am an eyewitness of His majesty.

Has He taught me to speak thoughfully and peacefully when I feel like lashing out and using words to hurt or control others? I am an eyewitness of His majesty.

Has He healed my mind, body, or spirit? Has he healed the mind, spirit, or body of someone I know, love, or prayed for and with? I am an eyewitness of His majesty.

Do I trust Him to care for my spirit when my body no longer breathes and moves in this world? I am an eyewitness of His majesty.


"For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...