Birthday Journal




Today is my birthday. I am journaling as a part of the celebration. My goal in journaling today is to write clear descriptions of people, situations, and experiences for which I am grateful.

None of that run of the mill stuff: "I am grateful for friends, family, home, health, church, employment..."

I am going to sit down and write about at least ten situations in the past year where I found God again when I reached the end of myself. With the gift of hindsight, I am going to record those experiences in which God was revealed to me in a new way, an unforgettable way, a personal-powerful-permanent way.

Can I make this an annual tradition? Absolutely. Whoever may read these journals after I am gone will have one heck of a story on their hands. I hope they believe it. In the meantime, I will have written for myself a true "memory book." Like the old hymn says, "count your blessings one by one."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...