Five Sparrows for Two Pennies



"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." --Jesus, Luke 12:6 & 7.

What am I worth? Who decides? In the U.S., we recently retired a president who once boldly announced "I'm the decider!"

How do I decide my own worth, my own value? Do I rely on those around me? Do I look to books, the media, my cultural or personal history? Do I recount my accomplishments or my achievements? Do I reflect on my progress in life from my earlier days to the present? Do I consider how closely I've lived up to my family's hopes and dreams? Do I look at the size of my personal or professional network?

My real worth comes from the truth that I am created, loved, and remembered by God. The five sparrows sold for a few coins are not forgotten by God; neither am I. God remembers and considers me with love, concern, compassion, and commitment to me, my growth, my eternal purpose. I will do well to remember that God remembers me.

Yes, I will listen to and consider and often accept feedback from others. I am going to pay attention to what is happening around me. But when I consider my worth as a person, as a human being, I will remember I am eternal being. I will live somewhere forever. I am loved and remembered by God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...