Left Behind in 2009



So far, I am sticking with my 2009 resolutions to speak clearly to others and to listen carefully to God. Each day, I am observing small and not-so-small changes in my perspective, experiences, and accomplishments. I give God all of the glory for these changes and I look forward to seeing and experiencing what's next.

The message below ("Everyone Can't Sit In Your Front Row") is one I received from an email buddy just a day ago. It's not new and it's been around for a while. Still, these are thoughts I need to reinforce in my own mind because it's tempting to think I can make God-ordained changes and have everyone treat me the same as before. Not true, nor should it be.

Some of my relationships will change (even covenant relationships), others will fade away, and others will become "turmoiled" (I know it's not a word, but you get the point). Some re-ordering is in order. As I considered the thoughts below, I was sensitive to not "dumping" friends who are struggling or need help. I know I wouldn't want to be abandoned during a time of crisis. I am strong so that I may help others and I stay strong by keeping an eye on who is sitting in the front row of my life.

I love the sentiments expressed here because they explain why things can never stay the same once we commit to positive, persistent, and personal change.



Everyone Can't Sit In Your Front Row


Life is a Theatre - Invite your audience carefully.

Not everyone is spiritually or emotionally healthy enough to have a front row
seat in our lives. There are some people in your life who are best loved from a
distance. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go of, or at least
minimize your time with, draining, negative, incompatible, pointless
relationships, friendships, and fellowships!


Pay attention to who lifts and who leans. Who encourages and who
discourages? Who is on a path of growth and who is going down fast? When
you leave certain people, do you feel worse? Who always has drama?

The more you seek God and godly things, the more you seek quality. The more
you seek not just the hand of God but the face of God, the more you seek things
honorable. The more you seek growth, peace of mind, love and truth around
you, the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the FRONT
ROW and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.

You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people you
are around! (From Deborah--There are some major qualifiers here and I will discuss them in the next post--) Ask God for wisdom and discernment and use these gifts to choose the people who sit in the front row of your life.

Comments

Linda said…
This is a worthy discussion, I will go now and read the second and third part.

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...