More Mid-Winter Music with Sister Rosetta Tharpe

I couldn't get through this series without posting something by Sister Rosetta Tharpe. My mother listened to her when I was a little girl and whenever I hear Sister Tharpe's voice, I recall and remember those days.

My mother listened to 33 1/3 vinyl records on her record player. I can still picture the album cover because the songs were such regular staples in our house. A few years ago, I bought the CD version. The cover looks like this:



If you see this CD in the stores and love old-time gospel, buy it while you can. It may go out of print one day. It's also available on amazon.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...