Get Happy About God's Plans!














From Eliabeth Eliot's A Lamp For My Feet, 1985, Servant Publications:

"I know of no more steadying hope on which to focus my mind when circumstances tempt me to wonder why God doesn't "do something." He is always doing something--the very best thing, the thing we ourselves would certainly choose if we knew the end from the beginning. He is at work to bring us to our full glory."

I found this book by Elisabeth Eliot at a used book sale at Ecumenical Theological Seminary in Detroit in 2006. It has been one of those books with lots of highlighting, dog eared pages, underlining in different colors, starred sections...well, you get the idea.

This passage reminds me I am voluntarily choosing to live on God's timetable, not my own. I'm now old enough to appreciate that fact. God always has good ideas and plans for me, better than the ones I choose from my limited knowledge. That's something to get happy about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...