Christ-mass Meditation #2: Re-gifting Required!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." -- 2 Corinthians 1:3 and 4

How closely and deeply am I able to receive the comfort of God?

Christmas, the tangible, personal and up-front breaking through of God into the human timeline and experience, means I am able to receive the comfort of God in my personal life. I may use that comfort to see things in a new and different way. I am empowered to share that comfort, without regard for what someone may think. Pride does not stop me from telling my story of God's comfort.

I am personally and permanently obligated to share how God's comfort has changed, healed, and restored me. If I remain silent on this issue, it is too easy for someone to look at my life and believe I've just got it all pulled together by my own means. I am required to "regift the comfort of God" by telling my story when and where it is appropriate and welcome. The comfort of God cannot be contained in my limited experience; it must be shared.

How closely and deeply am I able to receive the comfort of God?

How widely and honestly am I willing to share a testimony, a true and personal story of how God's love, forgiveness, and comfort have kept, guarded, and sustained me? How freely will I tell how God's comfort continually creates hope in my life?

Re-gifting is required.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...