The Courage To Change...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -- Reinhold Niebuhr

"An ending is just a beginning in disguise." -- "Grim Lupine", Fan Fiction writer

As I embrace God-ordained changes, I am not only seeking to change specific actions, but to change my character: my preferences, my habits, my perspective. This deep change requires deep courage.

I can't muster and maintain this courage on my own. I need God's energy, expressed in my daily activities, in order to make this "courageous change."

I am arriving at the end of a year, and the end of a decade. This ending is also a beginning and my challenge is to consistently seek God's preferences and make those preferences my own. At times, these changes will feel comfortable. At other times, these changes will be painful, seemingly impossible, and full of uncertainty. Of course, there is no uncertainty with God. There is no "unknown future" from God's perspective. All of my days were written in His book before one of those days came to be.

Knowing this, I embrace the God-given courage to change. Change by itself is not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing. God-ordained change is always the best thing because it means I am ready for promotion to another level of love, service, witness, and power. When God shows me I am ready, then I am ready. I am ready to express God-given courage as I move forward. I am ready to carry out my purpose and my mission. Almost always, some type of change is required for me to fulfill my divine assignment. Do I welcome this change, or do I shrink from it?

"God grant me...the courage to change the things I can..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...