Jumpstart 2010: Ask, But Do Not Insist

Dear God,

Thank you for answering my many questions about you, life, me, and what I am doing here. Thank you for refusing to answer every query about why other people are doing what they are doing. It really was none of my business. I appreciate your courtesy in responding to my true questions, my uncertainties formed as questions, and my lack of faith formed as questions.

I am grateful you have led me away from people who believe questions display a lack of faith. I appreciate you showing me how untrue that type of thinking is, and how damaging it can become. As I read your word, I see how honest, legitimate questions were clearly answered, and how those answers strengthened faith--not weakened it. I have come to understand how a true question demonstrates faith: if I didn't think you had all of the answers, I wouldn't ask you. If I didn't think you would share truth with me, I wouldn't look to you for truth.

From my point of view, I am now entering a new year and a new decade. I request your help in this area: please help me to stop insisting upon explanations for your actions and your ways of doing things and resolving problems.

I have a tendency to insist upon explanations and I now recognize that tendency as a real lack of confidence in you. I have learned from your word and from my experience about your goodness, your power, and your faithfulness. That knowledge should be enough, but sometimes it is not, and I am tempted to ask you to explain why certain things are happening and why you are not handling people and circumstances in a certain manner (usually my preferred manner). For this, I apologize and repent.

Please help me remember questions are good things. Explanations are at your total discretion.

Love,

Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...