Reconciled and reconciling

When I accept that I am in good standing with God, it is easier for me to accept the perspectives and ideas of others.

God, through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary, has canceled whatever debts I owed Him and has cancelled the effects of sin in my life--now, and after I leave this world. I am now in the beloved family of God.

As a member of God's beloved family, I trust Him to resolve difficulties and conditions beyond my understanding. I trust Him to speak to and deal with others who may trouble or disturb me. "He's got the whole world in His hands." I follow His will, rather than my own, because He knows more than I. I am reconciled to God, and this feels right in my spirit.

Now, because I am reconciled to God, I can be a reconciling person in the world. I cancels the debts others owe me, just as God has canceled my debts. If someone wrongs me, I no longer seek after that person with the expectation that they will "make good" on their wrongs. I look to God to do that for me.

Because I am a reconciling person, I no longer push others to live on my timetable. I allow God time to work with them, just as I needed time for God to work in my mind, my heart, and my life. I allow other people to find their unique path to the will and purpose of God. I no longer believe they must do things as I wish in order for them to be good or acceptable. Yes, they must do as God wishes--but I am not God.

Because I am reconciled and reconciling, I can enjoy relating to others as they are, and have no need to be angry or frustrated with them because they are not as I would wish. If I cannot abide them and have no covenant relationship with them, I thankfully allow them to move on in another direction and free myself of concern for controlling their actions. If I am in a covenant relationship with a "difficult" person, because I am reconciled with God, I trust God to show me the next steps in that relationship.

I am reconciled and reconciling. I am at peace with God and with people. For this, I am thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...