Foodie Escapade: Seeking and Finding the Perfect Cup of Cafe Mocha


Last week, I met a friend for an early dinner at Tim Hortons. I remembered how much I have enjoyed their Cafe Mocha, and ordered a cup along with dinner.

Things are not as they once were. Or, perhaps I'm getting a little pickier about how beverages are served. Or, perhaps I should have remembered I was in a fast food restaurant.

My cup was over-filled, with too much foam on top. When I attempted to flip back the small opening in the cup's lid, coffee spilled onto the top of my tray and flooded most of my napkins. Ugh!

After cleaning my tray and getting cold water from a server to spot clean a stain on my skirt, I decided I needed to work on creating a cup of Cafe Mocha that would free me from my dependence upon Tim Hortons.

Here goes:

Deb's Foamless Cafe Mocha Concoction

(Makes a mix that will serve two people using latte sized cups. This recipe should double easily to serve more people)

Prep time: 5 minutes, plus time to heat water

5 heaping tablespoons of instant coffee
4 level tablespoons of baking cocoa (I used a "nameless" store brand)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 pinch of nutmeg
2 pinches of cinnamon

Put all of your dry ingredients together in a plastic container with a tightly sealed top. Shake ingredients together to blend, then stir to mix ingredients completely.

Use 2 tablespoons of mix for one latte sized cup. Add approx. 8 ounces of hot water.

Add sugar or milk as you prefer.  I added 2 tablespoons of sugar and no milk.

If you decided you love this, make extra and save to use at another time. This recipe offers a warm, comforting cup of two of my favorite flavors and the soft, soothing aromas of nutmeg and cinnamon. You can dress this up with whipped cream or marshmallows.

Yes, spring is here, but it's still chilly in Michigan from time to time and this yummy snack or dessert drink really hit the spot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...