"I am one less stone and I’m one more voice to praise."



 This line, "I am one less stone and I'm one more voice to praise" comes from one of my favorite recordings by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

The line originates in Jesus' comment from in Luke 19:39-41 when the religious leaders of His day told Jesus to make His disciples stop talking and "be quiet." Jesus replied "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Stones don't really have a voice, so is Jesus telling us if His followers refuse to speak for Him that nature will speak in our place? Is He telling us that it's impossible for those who really know Him to remain silent about who He is, what He means to them, and what He has done and continues to do in their lives?

"I am one less stone."

Because I am one less stone, I am not ashamed to pull out a Bible or religious book and read it during a lunch break at work or in a coffee shop.

Because I am one less stone, I am not ashamed to pray openly and audibly when I visit someone in a hospital or a nursing home.

Because I am one less stone, I am not ashamed to tell a friend, neighbor, or co-worker I will pray for them when they tell me about a problem or a crisis in their lives.

Because I am one less stone, I affirm  if I have time to be online everyday, I have time to pray everyday.

I cannot separate who and what I am from what Jesus has done, continues do to, and will forever do for me.

Today, I am one less stone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...