Christmas Meditations Day 2: Francois Fenelon Fenelon and Madame Guyon

In this season of Christmas, I remind myself to seek the experience of loving God more than I love myself. What are the benefits of this way of thinking?

I begin to see more possibilities and fewer barriers. Fear becomes a smaller factor in my life. Prayer is a deeply anticipated experience. I feel no need to conceal my deepest motives because in loving God more, my motives are purified.

I use money well and wisely. I love the good money can do for others more than I love having lots of money for myself. I am aware of God's constant actions to care for me.

Loving God more is a transforming process. It is the beginning and the destination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...