I Could Wile Away The Hours...


"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." --Psalm 90:12

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands." --Psalm 90:17



After that long trip, the searchers in Oz discovered there was no magic in the castle, no one to wave a wand and make it all OK. The Wizard wasn't really a Wizard, and his power was limited to the imaginings of his followers. It was hype, and it wasn't real. From a distance it looked real, but close up, it was something very different. It had all been a dream.

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us..."

God, I request your favor as I move forward with the big and little decisions and activities of my life. I trust you to establish the work of my hand, to give eternal value to my efforts, sincerity to my prayers, creative energy to my thoughts, and holiness to my pursuits.

Left to my own devices, I really would wile away the hours. I'm not searching for a castle in Oz. Still, apart from God, my best efforts would miss meaning. Apart from God, I might trust the flash and the bling and the splash...only to learn it isn't real. And never was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...