Sin's Curse Has Lost Its Grip On Me...

"There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
."

--from In Christ Alone, by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend


What I am and what I become is no longer a reflection of what others have done to me. Instead, who I am is a reflection of what I do, what I choose, as I live with and in Christ.

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me. Sin may land, but it cannot hold and it cannot stay unless I allow it. I may experience pain and unfairness because of my actions or the actions of others. Still, sin's curse has lost its grip on me. I can be cleansed, rebuilt, restored, and made whole over and over in Christ.

Even in my own faulty choices, sin's curse has lost its grip on me. I can see my faults and failures--God will show them to me if I ask--and can move beyond, over, and through them. I no longer have to rely on my own willpower or single-mindedness to make things right. The person and power of God will make things right in me and for me.

I am grateful. Sin's curse has lost its grip on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...