The Post Pentecost Prayer for Power

God, the Holy Spirit, lives in and through us.
How, then, can we pray for Power to live the Christian life honestly and completely?

Begin by saying three things to God. Then, listen for the answer.

Speak and listen.

Thank you.
Heal me.
Teach me.

This is the most basic form of the prayer.

As you become more comfortable, add more. Do not copy what is here, unless these words are also the requests of your heart. Speak what comes from your heart, unedited and unplanned.

Here is an example:

Thank you...
for a mind that works
for a body to house that mind
for a spirit that can never die, disappear, or fade away
for a purpose I can find and express
for people who care about me
for people to cared about me
for people who will care about me
for loving, keeping, and protecting me.

Heal me...
from the love of sin
from obsession of any kind
from  self doubt
from jealousy
from greed
from lack of belief in your goodness
from lack of belief that you will always show your goodness in my life.

Teach me...
to hear your voice
to love you and your will
to care for others on the way they need care
to speak when I should
to be silent when I should
to embrace the opportunities  you provide
to leave the past where it is
to forgive and never forget the lessons of pain and failure
to look forward to your return
to live in gratitude for your love and mercy.

Pray three sentences, or thirty, or three hundred.

Your prayer will always follow this pattern:

Thanks: worship, gratitude, adoration.
Healing: confession, honesty, recovery, seeking God.
Teaching: discipleship, acceptance, courage.

Begin today to pray as if God is always there, because God is.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...