July Week 2 Challenge Quiz Answer

There is no single correct answer to the July Week 2 quiz. There are, however, a few things to consider.

If you had no problem praying for five minutes for each of the last five days, congratulations! Continue to enjoy conversing with God.

If you had a problem or difficulty praying for five minutes for each of the last five days, and if you define yourself as a Christian or a Christ-follower, consider these things:

1. How important is it for me to listen to what God has to say to me, to me only, on a daily basis?

2. Am I trusting other people to tell me what God has to say to me? Is this why I feel prayer can be put on hold or ignored?

3. Where do I lose the five minutes of my day that can be spent on prayer? Possibilities are: gaming, TV, talking/texting on my phone, general lack of planning, daydreaming, or some form of mindless time wasting that I can't account for?

4.  Do I believe reading the Bible is a substitute for praying? Some people believe this, but there is no basis in fact for this belief.

5.  Am I afraid of prayer because silence and quietness make me uneasy?

6.  Do I believe I can hide something from God by refusing to pray?

7. Do I have guilt and unconfessed sin in my life that makes prayer seem intimidating, rather than easy and natural?

8. Am I afraid of God, or do I have unspoken anger toward God, because something unwanted or unpleasant happened to me or to someone I love or loved in the past?

9.  Am I afraid God will ask me to do something I don't want to do? Do I believe if I avoid prayer I won't be responsible for my disobedience or refusal to follow God's directives?

10. Do I lack control of my time?

Allow yourself to be honest and dig deeply into your unspoken thoughts and concerns and feelings. Find your way home to God. Pray because it's the best possible use of your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...