12 Days of Christian Self Examination Day 5: Do You Judge God?

Does it seem ridiculous to write "Do not judge God"?

 Perhaps this statement seems ridiculous and even blasphemous, but do not doubt that many people judge God.

How would we recognize someone judging God?

Read these sentences and listen for the tone and energy of judgment in the words.

" I prayed for the job, but someone else got it. That's not fair. "

 "Why are all of my friends happily married and I'm not? God must love them more than me. "

 "My grandfather was a man of faith. Everyone prayed for him to be healed, but he died. Where was God"?

" Why did God allow a drunk driver to kill my sister"?

 "There is so much evil in the world. Why doesn't God stop it?"

 " A dishonest minister stole money from the congregation. I am through with church forever. "

Now listen to some possible responses to the judgment encased in those sentences.

" I have a better position waiting for you down the road. You need time to prepare for it. "

 "Are you ready and willing to receive whatever good gift I have for you, including a solo life of freedom, joy, and peace"?

" I have rewarded your grandfather's faith with wholeness and total healing in my presence --now and for all eternity. "

 "I need you to counsel and aid those who have suffered unjust losses. Are you willing to be prepared for this ministry and this work? Your sister has unspeakable joy in my presence ."

 " At the appropriate time, my power will crush the forces of evil completely. In the meantime, have you shown my love and power to your nephew who is still selling and using drugs? If judgment for all evil came today, he would be washed away in that judgment.  Is this your wish?"

 "No human person is perfect, regardless of position or title. Learn to hold yourself and everyone around you accountable for thoughts and deeds. Are you willing to do this?"

Actually, it is very easy for us to slip into the thinking of judging and critiquing what God allows. Resist the temptation to do this. Instead, go to God in prayer and ask "what does this mean, and what's next?"

 God is always worthy of our trust. If you can't see that worthiness, ask God to reveal it to you.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...