God with Us: Jesus, the Teacher of Self Care





As "God with us", Jesus teaches us self care. One of those lessons is: you and I are not too busy to pray.

As you read the gospels, you will become aware of how busy Jesus was. Crowds constantly followed him. His disciples asked endless questions. Religious leaders regularly challenged and confronted him. He taught crowds of people, often in unconventional locations. Sick people constantly sought him out for healing 

In Luke 5:15 and 16, we find this statement: "...crowds of people came to hear him and be healed of their sicknesses. But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed ."

Because the Son of God regularly and often took time to step aside from the busyness of his life to pray, you and I don't have a reason to avoid prayer. Praying in church is not a substitute for stepping from our daily activities to listen to God and to speak to God.

No matter what I'm doing or how busy I am, I am never too busy to pray. I may not want to pray. I may fear opening my soul to God, but there is no such thing as being too busy to pray.

None of us are busier than Jesus was.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...