His Yoke is Easy; His Burden is Light


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
-Jesus Christ, in Matthew 11:28-30.

In the earlier part of this chapter, Jesus critiques the abusive dishonesty so common among religious leaders of his--and our-- day. He ends his analysis by saying if you're tired of all of the fraud and emptiness, leave it all behind and come to him.

Let him guide you (his yoke) and let him give you a purpose (his burden). These are light and easy because they are based on eternal truth, given by him, for your eternal blessing and benefit. Compared to what the world order offers, his way is easier because he never pressures you and he never leaves you to do anything on your own. It is his joy to be with you, to teach you, and to keep you safe. He is the Good Shepherd.

His yoke is easy, and his burden is light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Remembrance of Love and Beauty

Higher Ground; Heaven's Tableland

Declaring Yourself "Blessed and Highly Favored"? Slow Down A Bit...